Saturday, March 1, 2008

Whats a Girl to do when She Travels???

As many of us know it is tough to juggle the work life balance thing- but I think it gets even harder when we hit the road for work! I found myself flying to our corprate office in Texas yet again this month....the clean sheets, wireless internet and company paid hotel movies could not make up for 3 hours of sitting on a plane wishing I was running. So I checked into the Fairmont hotel and decided I would make a quick call to my husband to check in on the little one. By the time I got off the phone and made it to the gym, I had a mere 25 minutes to hit the teadmill before dinner with the executive team. Is it worth it to get all sweaty knowing I needed to be at dinner shortly???? The answer was a resounding yes. Running made me resent traveling less and let me clear my head of all things corporate- even if it was just for 25 minutes.

That being said, if you are struggling to find some peace when you hit the road for work, you might just find it when you lace up your shoes, throw on the iPod, and hit the hotel gym!

No comments: