Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Races

It's finally time for spring races to begin--even though Rita has already done two races. She gets a break from the Backyard Burn this weekend, but the rest of us, as far as I know, are doing the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler on Sunday. It's been really tough to find a time we all can train together, but it's great when any of us can get out there. I'm pretty excited for Sunday. I haven't left suburbia for the city in ages, and those cherry blossoms are so pretty.

I'm much slower than I was last year at this time because I have not been doing any speed work. But a slow 10 miles feels really good now, and hopefully I can do some speed work again someday and set another PR. I originally had a conflict for the other 10-miler this month--the GW Parkway Classic--where I set my 10 miler PR. That event fell through, so I'm doing that race too. Plus a 5-miler in between, so it'll be a busy month of running.

Alison

No comments: