Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shoes

I love shoes. I enjoy shoe shopping and finding the perfect pair, and if it's a bargain, even better. That being said, I don't own a pair of dress shoes more expensive than my running shoes. I don't even remember buying $100+ dress shoes when I worked full time. But here I am spending that much on shoes that I'm going to abuse with heat, mud, and sweat. I'm lucky enough to live across the road from one of our area's many running stores too, so it's easy to replace them. But now I'm tempted to go elsewhere to get a bargain at the many grand opening sales around here--and I still have an unused pair in my closet. This month, we have a new running stores with grand opening sales in Clifton, Balston, Fairfax, and Falls Church, all of which are short drives away. I guess running has gotten so popular that the area can support 4 more stores, but it does seem like a bit much. I hope they all do well!

Now don't even get me started on how much I spent on compression tights and shorts this month...

Alison

No comments: